Moen Faucet Replacement Parts
Learn About Moen Replacement Parts. Find Parts! Fix Leaky Faucets!
WE LIKE THIS FAUCET AND HAVE HAD IT ONLY ABOUT 2-3 YEARS. IT HAS WORKED FINE, UNTIL RECENTLY. SOMETIMES WHEN YOU GO TO TURN IT
ON THE WATER DOESN’T START COMING. USUALLY, IF WE WAIT AWHILE AND TRY AGAIN, IT WORKS BUT IT IS DISGUSTING. HOW DO WE KNOW
WHAT PART TO ORDER TO FIX IT AND WILL MY HUSBAND BE ABLE TO FIX IT?
I have a couple of tips for you to try before calling your local plumber.
1. Check other taps in your home. If the issue is with this one, you have narrowed down the problem to this one. You can check if the aerator is clogged. This is located on the tip of your water tap. Be sure it’s clear of any debris. If the aerator is not clogged, their is another issue.
2. Do you have leaky pipes? This could be the cause. But, I think you would have mentioned that in your email.
3. You may have clogged pipes. Only a plumber can check this one out. This should be your last resort.
4. You may have a damaged or dislodged tap washer. Damaged washers reduce the tap’s water supply to trickle before stopping altogether. Just replace the washer. You can contact your local hardware store and tell them your situation for the correct washer for your tap. You may need to supply the type of faucet you have. Also, if you hear excessive whistling or chattering coming from the tap, this is usually caused by a dislodged washer. Repair it as soon as possible.
5. Last but not least, call Moen and describe to them your situation. They can provide you with the part that is needed to be replaced and if you can buy it at your local hardware store. Or, they will send the part to you to install it yourself without contacting a plumber. I have replaced cartridges for leaky faucets myself. They give you all of the instructions to make the repair by yourself.
I wish you all the best.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.